Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Do you know where your'e going.......

What a tune. Well where do I see myself in five years? I would like to pursue lighing consulting. Lighting in a space is crucial to the design. Lighitng will affect the overall feel of the space and psycological appeal. Lighting shouldn't be a guessing game. There are certain calculations, kelvin temperatures, lumens, foot candles, type of lighing, sun exposure, time of year etc. that all need to be taken into consideration. Learning how to acuratley use light within the design process will only better my ability to design a successful interior.

 I also enjoy involving myself with hands on projects. Being able to design a desk in furniture construction allowed me to work with tools while also excersing my design knowledge to solve problems that would occur along the way. In addition I have always had a passion for working with materials but I also have become interested in how elements are put together. It wasn't until I worked on a residential kitchen design in person that I was able to experience this. I would like to absorb any information on furniture construction and I wouldn't mind specializing in kitchen design.

While interning at Decker Ross, I was able to assist in a staging project. I got to observe the entire process from start to finish. After the initial visit with the client, the items had to be purchased, staged, and put into inventory. The small details of the process are important for both the client's and the company's liability. I would like to continue staging with hopes that it might satisfy my decorating passion.

I plan on taking the NCIDQ and become a licensed designer.I feel interior design engulfs your brain and makes you want to branch out to as many avenues as you can beacuse it is only going to make you a more educated and better designer

1 comment:

Gabriella Bosnyak said...

Lighting was a fun class! I think it is really great you want to work on lighting projects in the future. People do not realize how important it is and how much work goes into it!

I also always hear Virginia bragging about the desk you guys built for her, so I don't doubt you'll be great with furniture as well.

Becoming a licensed Interior Designer is very important to me so I am very happy to hear you will be pursuing that!

I love how you said "I feel interior design engulfs your brain and makes you want to branch out to as many avenues as you can because it is only going to make you a more educated and better designer"

I couldn't agree more!